[LMB] OT: AKICOTL. Cast iron cooking question

Pat Mathews MATHEWS55 at msn.com
Sun Oct 30 01:43:24 GMT 2016

If any of you use a cast iron skillet, how do you get a decent crust on things like corned beef hash (canned) and pancakes?

If I get the heat high enough to get the food crisp, it sticks to the pan no matter how much butter or oil I use. That's because the food soaks up the butter first.

Note: this is not the good skillet from the antique store, but the 5" modern one I got on Freecycle first, and it may not be properly seasoned for all I've tried to keep it so.

Any advice?

Pat