[LMB] Hello everyone! [intro-post]

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Mon Oct 31 23:46:35 GMT 2016

Sounds as if you're our kind of reader! Glad to see you & your sense of humor & creativity.

Marina

On Oct 31, 2016, at 03:43 PM, Luke Bretscher <rocketman0739 at gmail.com> wrote:

I've been lurking here for a while, but I'd like to introduce myself and
start taking part in the discussions.

Anyway, I'll
close by posting a few Vorkosigan-themed limericks that I had occasion to
write recently:
*(Brothers in Arms)*

An analyst, name of Galeni,
Bought troubles at two for a penny
When his terrorist dad
Tried to make him turn bad
And he found he had one Miles too many.

amf:
If you miss the train I'm on, you will know that I am gone
You can hear the whistle blow a hundred miles,
A hundred miles, a hundred miles, a hundred miles, a hundred miles,
You can hear the whistle blow a hundred miles.

Lord I'm one, Lord I'm two, Lord I'm three, Lord I'm four,
Lord I'm 500 miles from my home.
500 miles, 500 miles, 500 miles, 500 miles
Lord I'm five hundred miles from my home.
   --Peter, Paul & Mary (early 60's, as I learnt it for a school performance in '64/'65)

But I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles
To fall down at your door
  --the Proclaimers

Way more too many Miles for anyone!

Marina