[LMB] Things never to say in the Vorkosiverse

Walter Bushell proto at panix.com
Wed Apr 5 01:02:29 BST 2017

> On Apr 4, 2017, at 4:53 PM, Federico Bergstein <almirantenaismith at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> She also told Piotr and assorted Old Vor that 8some of) their ancestors
> were bastards (as in illegitimate, not evil) in *Barrayar *IIRC, but
> Cordelia is a law unto herself.

Evil would have been less of an insult.

On the similarity of Vor and Caravanserai residents genetically.
<quote>
Vorkosigan bit his linen napkin absently, his eyes gone crinkly with much the same expression as the footman, and murmured, "Cordelia, you can't . . . you really can't sit at the breakfast table and imply my ancestors were bastards. It's a mortal insult here.”

_Where should I sit?

</quote>

Truly the old Vor dropped their jeans all over the place, albeit they didn’t have jeans.

--
Sufficient to the weevil is the day thereof.