[LMB] two Hugo nominations

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 7 03:58:44 BST 2017

________________________________
From: Walter Bushell

> On Apr 6, 2017, at 1:23 AM, M. Haller Yamada  wrote:
>
> -: And isn't it perfectly wondrous, my fellow listees, that the Best Serial nominations are perfectly
> balanced with 50 percent female authors, and 50 percent male authors? Why, looking at this slim, slim sample, one might even start to think that SFF may be one of the most balanced genres around!

Walter Bushell: Better than Romance, where, I have heard, all the authors are male. Any resemblance to the truth being
sales poison.
--

Micki: Don't be silly. Most of the romance writers are women, writing for other women. The huge
question is, why aren't more men in on this deal? I've heard, nay, I've witnessed and even

You'll have to unpack the "any resemblance to the truth being sales poison". If I'm understanding
what you are saying correctly, that would be true to the same extent in all fiction genres, and even
one or two "non-fiction" genres.

Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk