[LMB] ot: Asimov mysteries

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Apr 7 17:47:18 BST 2017

On Fri, Apr 07, 2017 at 11:40:38AM -0400, Lois Aleta Fundis wrote:
> I want to recommend Asimov's "Tales of the Black Widowers" stories. I think
> they were the first Asimov stories I read: they ran in Ellery Queen Mystery
> Magazine, which my uncle subscribed to and then passed on to my mom.

The Good Doctor Asmiov also wrote one stand-alone murder mystery that
takes place in a chemistry lab. Can't remember the name of it right now,
but I always thought it was a good one.

> On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 8:32 AM, <adkinslawfirm at mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> > Jean Lamb mentioned that Asimov wrote some mysteries.  In fact, there's a
> > collection of his sf mysteries, called _Asimov's Mysteries_.  They're quite
> > fun.  Contemporary mysteries include his _Tales Of The Black Widowers_
> > series [that's the first one; in all, there are six collections of short
> > stories].  _The Union Club Mysteries_ are another collection of short
> > stories.  His science fiction mystery novels have already been mentioned.
> > Two of his contemporary mystery novels are _Murder At The ABA_ [he writes
> > himself in as a would-be helpful buffoon] and _A Whiff Of Death_ [murder in
> > a chemistry lab].

               Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;
                     Guide me in your truth and teach me,
                         for you are God my Savior,
                    And my hope is in you all day long.