[LMB] OT: Goin' to California

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 20:54:50 BST 2017

Thanks. What is that Chinese curse about living in interesting times?

I have a half dozen fanfics that I am stuck on - lacking time to dig
around to find songs and poems, all my chapter outlines and notes sort
of got melted when the laptop fried ... luckily we stored almost all our
physical books in the barn!

Well, we don't do lawns [waste of garden space and water] and I have
been following a couple different humidity extracting ideas [one is a
neat conical greenhouse and one is a sort of spool shaped construct,
neither uses electricity just temperature differentials] with an idea of
supplimenting the ground water from a well. Rob is happy at the idea of
a huge garden for foods, and some serious insolation. Land based
soletta, anybody? =)

And I am hoping that we can get together and do mini-lois cons ... I am
also hoping to be able to have a 2 or 3 bedroom guesthouse [maybe one
room can be a bunkhouse] so we can actually have *guests* =) and I want
to build a picnic pavilion that has a roman/medieval cooking hearth so I
can work on my other hobby of early cooking =)

On 4/10/2017 3:16 PM, Pat Mathews wrote:
> What an incredible two years! Yes, you need to take all the time you need to catch up with yourself, and despite California's troubles with water recently, it sounds like a good idea. especially with having family/friendly in-laws there. Blessings, and if you care to touch base with us occasionally, that would be a bonus.
>

> Have a good move, a good location, a good rest, and a good new phase of your life.
>

> Pat

---