[LMB] Lois-Bujold Digest, Vol 143, Issue 25

Jean Lamb tlambs1138 at charter.net
Tue Apr 11 06:24:11 BST 2017

What Micki said.

On the other hand, I know a couple of women who were nearly grandma'd to
death; one lived with her daughter and had almost no choice about the amount
of babysitting she had to do (Pat, it was Emily Alward). It wasn't till she
almost died of pneumonia that they slacked off on it, and even then, she
died not much over a year after. She had so much writing planned that never
happened.  I had a friend at work who never went on vacation for several
years--she used it all up babysitting the grandkids while the happy couple
went on vacation, and she had them nearly every weekend. She was a bit
stronger and it didn't kill her, but I could see her growing grayer and
grayer till the grandkids were old enough to stay at home by themselves.

So the system can be abused.

Jean Lamb
tlambs1138 at charter.net
Look for Jean Lamb's author page on Amazon-
http://www.amazon.com/Jean-Lamb/e/B00IR0YO20/
Phoenix in Shadow is up!
https://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Shadow-Chronicles-Empire-Book-ebook/dp/B01G4H
D80G/