[LMB] SPL: Five Gods World: The Care and Feeding of Temple Demons

pouncer at aol.com pouncer at aol.com
Wed Apr 12 15:12:39 BST 2017

Louann Miller wonders if or why

>space

>Desdemona's gospel of Be Nice To Demons never caught on

> -- it might make a stroppier demon more able to ascend,
for example.

Des seemed to me unusually "stroppy" before Pen began grooming her.

>Or if it never spread as far as Chalion.

I vote for this one.

> Or .. the cast of "Paladin" was cut off from expert advice,

Or the experts were out of practice.  dy Cabon suggested that
it had been a long while since the Dratsub's divines had dealth
with so many new demons, all at once.  Almost as if there were
seasons of outbreaks, like sunspots or malaria, so that Pen was
beneficiary of a generation with lots of experience with the
situation, while dy Cabon and Ista's generation were victims of
ignorance or the burial of lore in the back stacks of the
temple libraries.

Des reported her earliest riders were prone to cancer.  The
symptoms the bear displayed just before its demon jumped
were very much those of wild decay approaching death.
People are more inclined to name domestic animals than
wild ones, and some people playfully bestow names on
healthy body parts, but nobody of my (sadly increasing)
experience offers names to their tumors, cancers, and
morbid afflictions.  Possibly Foix's bear demon is just too
young to be named.