[LMB] Gregor - The Moment

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 13 13:42:43 BST 2017

From: Walter Bushell <proto at panix.com>

> On Apr 12, 2017, at 11:35 PM, M. Haller Yamada <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com> wrote:
> You know, we didn't get to see ANY of how the Komarran ceremonies went. The Barrayarans must have
> been simple mannequins and just moved around as they were told by the Komarran wedding planners.
> Or . . . maybe there was drama there, too.

Walter:
Isn?t that basically what happened to the Komarrans on Barrayar? Ceremonies are like that.
Sometimes couples write their own vows.

Gwynne:
I'm sure there'd be a lot of jockeying for position, and attempts at casual conversation with the
Emperor. Poor Gregor would have to fend off various offers of deals, requests for special trade
treaties, etc. Lots of media coverage. Plus the fun of a squad of Vorkosigans being in the wedding
party, which would increase ImpSec's worries by a power of ten.

Expected protests probably thin on the ground, while wedding mania takes over instead. Which
means even more media - Gregor would probably be practically frozen solid by the time it was all
over. Aral would be grimly amused, Laisa enjoying being home and seeing all her friends and family
again, Cordelia would be networking with universities and trade schools, and possible employers
for her graduates, and trying to entice some Komarran educators to move to Barrayar for a while.
And Miles... well, you know what Miles would be like. Although he'd probably be missing Ekaterin.