[LMB] Smart demon rider, THRUSH, horses as named characters

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Sun Apr 16 22:17:17 BST 2017

On Apr 15, 2017, at 12:35 PM, Pouncer at aol.com wrote:

> Have I ever mentioned how much I adore "Featherwit"?
> Which is NOT Arhys's horse.  But the stallion
> I mean, shows up very near the word THRUSH in canon.
> Unlike Desdemona, neither Arhys's horse nor the demon
> were named.

Doesn't Ista name the horse Demon at some point?

Of course Lois names the horses in her books; it's likely that most people who were besotted with horses in their formative years continue to think of them as individuals with personality who ought to have names.

There are a lot more named horses in the Sharing Knife books besides Copperhead and Grace --Whit's pair, most of the horses we encounter in the Lakewalker camp named, more horses they acquire later.

Katherine