[LMB] Miles takes over

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 18 06:39:51 BST 2017

From: Walter Bushell <proto at panix.com>

Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:
>> As Miles said (somewhere else), he has no problems with a command structure
>> as long as HE is the one giving the commands.

Walter:
 And when he became an Auditor, he realized the limitations of power. He had to
think before he said anything, because his word was an enforceable command.

Gwynne:
I wonder if Gregor could foresee that, too. A way of muzzling Miles a little?
Of course, as a covert agent he had to be careful, but Miles tended to have his own
approach to that. I think he just moved so fast, and talked so fast, that most people
couldn't keep up or notice all the hints he let drop. Now, as Emperor's Voice, he
does have to be far more careful, at least with Barrayarans. But I don't think it counts
when he's not on duty as an Auditor. Or does it? Anyone have textev on that?