[LMB] Gregor - Quietly Angry

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 19 05:31:45 BST 2017

From: "Margaret Devere" <margaret at devere.net>

Margaret:
Note that we don't see all the nuts and bolts of government -- only the
dramatic bits that affect our story. Siting of the new power plant,
subsidies to specific industries, daily humdrum -- let the chips fall where
they may as long as they're not outside his tolerance zone.
I agree that where Gregor really cares about the outcome, he probably gets
involved.

Gwynne:
And remember that Gregor learned from Cordelia as well as Aral. Some of
the smaller, apparently less important changes are the ones that will have
a huge impact on Barrayar in the future. So Gregor could let the Counts, or
the Council of Ministers, decide on the apparently large and important
questions, and they'll be happy to indulge him by allowing some minor
topics to sail right through. I'm sure that Gregor played that game with the
help of a few friends like Henri Vorvolk. But having Miles in the CoC will
make all that even easier. And probably more entertaining, too.