[LMB] Miles takes over

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 19 05:45:53 BST 2017

From: Corrina Lawson <corrinaannelawson at gmail.com>

Corrina:
...And now he's Auditor which means there's no one to control him but Gregor.
(And I'm not sure he views Gregor's control quite as seriously as he
should.)

Gwynne: I think he's serious about it, he's determined to do whatever Gregor
would want him to do if he knew all about the situation, or what Gregor should
want him to do. Or what's best for Gregor and Barrayar. And sometimes even
what's right.

Corrina:
We see how quick he acts when things seem beyond his control--he packs up
the entire family and visits Cordelia to be on location, find out what the
heck's going on, and maybe try to control it.
Poor boy, he seems...confused...when he can't do that.

Gwynne:
I love the scene in the garden with Oliver, when Miles is hit with everything.
I've never admired or respected him more.
And the times he rather plaintively tells Cordelia he's on her side, if only
he could find out what it was. You can see the child there as well as the man.