[LMB] Tixie greetings

Karen Hunt huntkc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 21:41:48 GMT 2017

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 2:19 PM, Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 05:37:49PM +0000, James M. BRYANT G4CLF wrote:
> > Interstellar leatherwork - what a treat!
> >
> > I do hope that the leather is from a
> > native Escobarbarian species and not a
> > dull Terran lifeform.

How about Tau Cetan Beaded Lizards? More on the snake-skin theory than the
mammal-hide, but they're used in the Nexus for all sorts of things.
(see http://vorkosigan.wikia.com/wiki/Tau_Cetan_Beaded_Lizard for details)

On the same note, we know Pol has something venomous on the ophidian side
of things. What exactly that means for a hide I don't know, but it looks
promising... (ref Memory, when Ivan is checking the clean room)

I'd bet the Sergyaran critters would do pretty well for some kinds of
hides. Hairy, even, though they're clearly not mammals (beaks instead of
mouths indicate no suckling period during babyhood)

Karen Hunt