[LMB] Wath about a "The Vor movie"?

Douglas Weinfield douglasw at his.com
Sun Dec 10 13:21:29 GMT 2017

If I were a movie producer active today, the Bujold novel I'd pick up would be "The Curse of Chalion".

It would fit tolerably well with the "Game of Thrones" popularity, require much less by way of special effects, and be much easier to cast. Probably less expensive to shoot, too. I'd open with a quick montage of Caz being turned over after the fall of Gotorget, on the galley, walking back "home", and then onto the scenes with the gold coin and burning down the mill.

Next, vastly condense all of the stuff before Teidez and Iselle return to Orico's court, and indeed condense a lot of what happens before Caz's scene with the crow and the rat. Thereafter, much as in the novel.

IMHO, _that_ would be a miniseries!

An alternative would be the Sharing Knife quadrology...do it sort of like a Western. Westerns seem to be making a revival these days.