[LMB] ot: buying online

adkinslawfirm at mindspring.com adkinslawfirm at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 14 14:45:03 GMT 2017

If you're in the USA, there's a series of swapping websites I like.  The first site is http://www.paperbackswap.com/ ; then there's http://www.swapacd.com/ and http://www.swapadvd.com/ .  You list things.  When people want them, you pay to ship, which gives you credits [sort of like prepaid shipping].  You can have things shipped to you or anyone else within the USA [including APO, overseas military, etc.].  You can also buy individual credits for well under 4.00 and can transfer credits between sites.  I think of it as the most expensive de-cluttering ever, but at least you know whoever gets your stuff really wants it.

Various times in the year, the site will sponsor title 1 schools [low income, most students getting subsidized or free lunch], where members can donate credits for books.  So, a book [or cd] in my house becomes a book or cd in someone else's house and also a book in a child's hand.  One need not be Professor Parish to say, that's some good math right there.  Best holiday giving ever, plus, they don't spam you the way some other giving sites do.

There are currently 1,786,105 books and 168,243 cds available.  Just a thought.

Jerrie