[LMB] OT: Buying online

Walter Bushell proto at panix.com
Thu Dec 14 15:21:48 GMT 2017

> On Dec 14, 2017, at 12:27 AM, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Since I am trapped in my (pleasant, pretty, but for me it might as well be
> a prison, since I can never seem to get away for long) small town hometown,
> Amazon and other online merchants are a nice substitute for the bookstore
> this town doesn't have any more, or various other things I want but can't
> easily find locally.

And here in NYC, landlords are leaving retail space vacant, sometimes for decades.
One shop I know of and used to buy from has be vacant for over 30 years.
No body can afford the rents they demand so the stores just sit there empty.

So everybody has to shop online.

--
People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones until they have removed the beam in own eye.