[LMB] OT: Buying online

Kevin Kennedy kevink45 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 14 15:34:09 GMT 2017

I may live in a city, but I don't have a car, I have to use the bus, which isn't the greatest transit system. It's MUCH easier to order online than to try to get to even the nearest big box store and shlep home anything the least bit heavy or bulky. With my bad hip, I need a walker, so I can use their door to door service when I want/need to, but THAT has drawbacks. I used it to get to Half Price Books a couple of weeks ago to browse for a couple of hours. The driver was 1 1/2 hours late picking me up, she got lost. Don't ask how, the bus has GPS & they had the correct address on a MAIN street from dropping me off. She had 2 other passengers,so we all three way late getting home. Not a fun way to spend an afternoon if all I'm in need of toilet paper and shampoo. delivery is the way to go. My ID for this service gets me free rides on regular busses when I can use them. My apt is on a route where the busses come fairly often (some routes are once an hour), the stop is right out in front of the building and they go right by 2 drugstores,  2 branches of my bank and the main library, so getting out to a few places isn't too much of a hassle.