[LMB] Seasons Greetings

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Mon Dec 25 09:49:09 GMT 2017

I say celebrate as many winter holidays as you possibly can find, because you'll meet interesting people and eat interesting food. Start with Holi or Diwali, and end at Candlemas/Brigid/Groundhog Day in February.

Any excuse for a potluck!

Don't bother with Dungeness Crab caught off Half Moon Bay or what pass for lobsters caught off southern California. This year's crop wasn't worth the effort.

I celebrated Yule as a religious holiday, the 22nd was 29 years for us, always have seafood dinner with friends Christmas Eve, and will celebrate the 25th December as a secular holiday. Only my sister is Christian in our local family.

Wish I knew some locals who celebrate Hogmanay and Burns Night, and wish our neighborhood wasn't so addicted to (illegal in San Jose) fireworks on certain holidays and at random times, and for far too long into the wee hours, usually when we'd like to be sleeping.

May the joy (and we hope), peace, and warmth of hearts, minds, and souls, enrich/have enriched your holidays, whichever they may be, and may that spirit stay with you throughout the year. Hug your loved ones, and remind them that you love them.

If you have wild critters in your area, try to leave something for them, but not near your doors! A flock of wild turkeys have been sighted in my neighborhood and surrounding areas, walking down the middle of the street. I'm not in the suburbs, either.

Marina

On Dec 24, 2017, at 08:27 PM, "M. Haller Yamada" <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com> wrote:

On the first day of Winterfair, my true love gave to me,A raven. (Yeah, I know it's missing something; but in the Bob & Doug tradition, we may figure out what it's missing around day four or five.)
It's raining here. Raining! On top of about 12 inches of snow that fell earlier this month. What good weather to curl up with a book! Happy holidays to all of you, whatever your holidays are!