[LMB] Call for Birthday Tixies 2018

Walter Bushell proto at panix.com
Wed Dec 27 14:12:50 GMT 2017

> On Dec 26, 2017, at 7:17 PM, M R Dolbear fm <little.egret at dolbear.fastmail.fm> wrote:
>

> On Tue, 26 Dec 2017, at 15:21, Walter Bushell wrote:
>
>> I could gladly do without February. Oh, looks at Subject.
>>
>> "I can make a joke about any subject.”
>> “Make a joke about the Emperor.”
>> “Gregor Vorbarra, long may he reign, is not a subject."
>
> Apparently this dates back to at least to Oscar Wilde (d 1900)
>
> https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140629175711AASVPG8

Traditional very traditional

I heard it first as a Mulla Nasreddin (as beautifully collected by Idres Shaw) story.
Where he said he could make a pun on any subject.

OBbujold: “The King is not a subject; does that make him an object?”. May be an inexact quote I haven’t
bought an eversion of that novel), IIRC it was Tej. One of the points of Ivans romance,
 was the characters trying to place the government (so to speak for JW) into their native government.