[LMB] OT: Kindle Oasis

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Wed Dec 27 18:00:46 GMT 2017

Unexpectedly, I received a Kindle Oasis for Christmas.

First impressions:

Nice, large screen, very clear, significantly more screen space.

The rather odd shape (extended battery is thicker than the otherwise
slim shape) actually gives a good handle to grip.

The space is immense: I can load all my Kindle books on at the same
time, instead of playing "one in, one out" as I have recently.

Still have 27GB free.

It can use Bluetooth - I think just for headphones.  I don't use
audiobooks as a rule, I need to see if I can put other audio content on,
such as music.

I've not investigated the water-resistant properties as yet, and don't
plan to do so deliberately.

I'll still keep the Voyage, as it slips so easily into a leg pocket of
my Craghoppers, but the Oasis will be my main reading tool from now on.
The only downside to the larger footprint is that it doesn't fit as many
pockets.

I'll report any oddities to the list.