[LMB] OT: Kindles etc. was: The Hanging Tree fell on my Kindle this morning.

Eliza Shallcross eshallcross at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 14:00:13 GMT 2017

I've got a laptop that I do all my work on; I don't have a desktop. It
weighs about 5 pounds-way too heavy to lug around with my bad back and
arthritic shoulders. Smaller laptops are seldom compatible with Word
(unless you go astronomical) and have all the same reading problems as
tablets, plus, plus. I could see using a laptop to read in bed. I can't see
taking it to the doctor's office unless I'm trying to work. And it only
holds a charge for about 90 minutes. (Though that might be more without web
browsing.)

I've got a cellphone that I can do most of my tablet-equivalent work on.
What I need is something that will calm my excessive desire to hold on to
every book that I have ever read. I do a surprising amount of rereading.