[LMB] The Hanging Tree fell on my Kindle this morning.

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Thu Feb 2 00:56:35 GMT 2017

On 02/01/2017 03:27 PM, Katherine Collett wrote:
> For reading in bed, the Kindle app on my iPhone is perfect.  I have
> tried reading in bed with my iPad, but really it's too heavy, and at
> least once I dropped it on my face, which hurts!  My husband has the
> Kindle Paperwhite, and loves it.

Hehe. Got to work on that wrist and arm strength!

I use a Surface Pro 4 tablet and read in bed with it sometimes. That's
about 3 times heavier than an iPad, although I love it because it is far
more than 3x as useful as an iPad.

I admit that I usually rest it on my chest while reading in bed, or
disable the screen rotation and lay sidewise with it resting on a pillow.

I believe it is still lighter than a large hard cover book like one of
Robert Jordan's or David Weber's.
--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil