[LMB] OT: Kindles, etc

Margaret Devere margaret at devere.net
Sat Feb 4 00:52:16 GMT 2017

>I'm a little puzzled by the widespread dislike of Amazon.

My dislike of them stems mainly from their exploitative business practices,
the hideous way they treat some of their staff, their fervent tax-evasion
(at least here in the UK), and stuff this list doesn't want discussed.
--

Ah. I have heard that they're very hard on staff, but I'd forgotten. The
rest of it I haven't heard about.

As a customer, I've been happy. Wide variety, quick service, good review
mechanism enabling helpful reviews.

Here in Denver, we have one of the world's great bookstores: the Tattered
Cover. I used to haunt its aisles. Unfortunately, I can't accommodate
hard-cover books any more, and the Kindle is very convenient.

William Wenrich wrote an email pointing out our inconsistencies. Too true :(

Margaret

---