[LMB] OT: An Ozzie slang question

Pat Mathews MATHEWS55 at msn.com
Sat Feb 4 16:38:23 GMT 2017

Two Buck Chuck - from Trader Joe's.

________________________________
From: lois-bujold-bounces at lists.herald.co.uk <lois-bujold-bounces at lists.herald.co.uk> on behalf of Aruvqan <aruvqan at gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 4, 2017 8:29 AM
To: Discussion of the works of Lois McMaster Bujold.
Subject: Re: [LMB] OT: An Ozzie slang question

On 2/4/2017 8:59 AM, Pat Mathews wrote:
> I figured it was her private nickname for cheap red win in a jug. We in the States can call certain brands to mind here.
>

> ________________________________
> <aruvqan at gmail.com>
>
> No idea but random guess would be a really strong cheap or fortified
> wine [to get one drunk really fast, a spanish sangria that is
> brandy-fortified?]
>

> On 2/4/2017 5:54 AM, A. Marina Fournier wrote:
>> I've acquired Kerry Greenwood's Earthly Delights. Thus far the only
>> Oz-specific phrase I cannot find an explanation for is
>>            Chateau(x) collapseaux
>>
>> I'm thinking this is wine in a box, but would like confirmation.

Vino Industriale, Plonk, Hootch, Mad Dog [thought that tends to
specifically be Mogen David 20/20] Tow Buck Chick [again, a specific
$2US price range wine sold at Costco, though I think the price is now
$5, I don't have a membership at Cosco.]

I happen to be fond of boxed wines [um, right now I have a box each of
Franzia in red and a Rhine white. Cheap enough and still drinkable Never
cook with a wine you are not willing to drink.] Though in the summer I
like premade sangria, Yago for red, and various brands for white. Not
sure which it is but there is one that is very peach/plum overtoned that
is excellent with fish or chicken.

Though I suppose Chateaux Collapseaux could be wine coolers of some sort?

---
[https://static2.avast.com/11/web/min/i/mkt/share/avast-logo.png]<https://www.avast.com/antivirus>

Avast | Download Free Antivirus for PC, Mac & Android<https://www.avast.com/antivirus>
Protect your devices with the best free antivirus on the market. Download Avast antivirus and anti-spyware protection for your PC, Mac and Android.

Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to mathews55 at msn.com
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk