[LMB] ot: tech discussions

Walter Bushell proto at panix.com
Mon Jan 2 13:37:06 GMT 2017

> On Dec 31, 2016, at 9:09 PM, Baur <baur at chello.at> wrote:
>
> well, you could argue that no system is closed - because you always need an energy input .. and every system leaks a little bit
>
> but i am pretty sure that the input and output for kline station was very small in relation to its size

But critical items could be obtained, not like our present (and for the foreseeable future) situation we have a lead time
for resupply of months if not years, if the situation on Earth allows for resupply at all.

And the tales have people on the surface of Mars. According to what I understand the nuclear radiation makes surface
travel and living a bad idea as Mars has much less shielding than Earth. One would have to burrow for protection.