[LMB] What guest-gift would you bring if transported to the 5GW?

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue Jan 3 17:32:51 GMT 2017

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 07:13:22 -0700, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
wrote:

>> On Jan 3, 2017, at 7:10 AM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Given the effort America had in developing the A-bomb, I doubt that it could be
>>> done in Victorian Britain. Even today it takes state level organizations to do it, with
>>> everything known.
>>
>> At the time of Victoria, Britain was *the* superpower in the world, not
>> the faded relic we are now.
>
>Would you rather be an average citizen of that superpower or an average citizen of today’s Britain?

Not wildly keen on either, right now.  The latter is rapidly decaying
toward the former, in terms of security of employment, social mobility
and so on.

If I were 20 years younger or a half-million richer, I'd be on my way to
Canada or New Zealand about now: somewhere where the stupid hasn't taken
root so well.
--
Let he who is without dim cast the first stone.  -  Malcolm Pack