[LMB] Gregor.... The next few years

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 12 01:02:25 GMT 2017

From: Corrina Lawson <corrinaannelawson at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 9:17 AM, Kevin Kennedy <kevink45 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Another advantage is,  Laisa has the background to be more than a baby
> factory. She has education and job experience in interstellar trade. She
> can do a lot of work for the government, she doesn't have to stay home to
> manage the Residence and chase kids

Corrina:
> As we have seen from Lady Alys's contributions, managing the residence and
the Emperor's social calendar is an extremely important job for networking
and for gaining support from the Vor and the Ruling Council. ....

Gwynne:
Maybe Laisa will build a network, as Alys did, but she's networking among the
new breed of young Countesses and Ladies - like Ekaterin, who run their own
businesses, and Olivia, who isn't even Vor. And other women in business who
aren't High Vor at all, but who have a different sort of power, business power,
that's becoming more important. Laisa has Komarran contacts, and off-world
contacts through trade. Alys's style was perfect for the old days, when power
was concentrated in the High Vor. And still necessary to swing the CoC
sometimes. But Laisa can reach into different networks as well.