[LMB] Los Libros de la Sra. Bujold en Espanol

Louann Miller domelouann at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 18:53:00 GMT 2017

For the last year or so I've been trying to learn Spanish from two online
programs, Duolingo and Memrise. I've finally gotten to the point where I
feel I have enough working vocabulary to actually *read* something in
Spanish. I'm now working my way through Desnuda Ante Muerte (Naked in
Death) by JD Robb; between knowing the plot backward and my recent
learning, I only have to look up maybe 1/3 of things in Google Translate.
It's making me ambitious.
I'm delighted to find that Amazon Kindle has four or five Bujold books in
Spanish translation, ranging across her career, and I intend to take a
crack at those after this book. I may keep up a bit of a running commentary
here as I go, because I'm really enjoying the process of reading in another
language. One of the Bujold books on Kindle appears to be "Paladin of
Souls." I'd be interested to find out how Spaniards feel about this book
based loosely on their own history.