[LMB] Just wondering about Tien's bribes

Walter Bushell proto at panix.com
Thu Jun 1 12:20:21 BST 2017

> On Jun 1, 2017, at 6:13 AM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Gwynne:
> A little research would have shown them what happened when the first Barrayaran
> wormhole collapsed.

Very little research actually. Komarran schools don’t cover much Barrayaran history
apparently. The wormhole not collapsing was tricky to work out, but it’s still
incompetence to do work on that scale and be wrong.

 OTOH, I had American History and it took me a long time after before I
got that banking is a dangerous thing, not so much for the bankers, but for the rest of
society. When the banks encounter a crisis and it seems they do every generation, the
losses are spread over the society as a whole. This is distributed by the depositors losing
their money or the government bailing them out.

My take on what happens if the conspirators actually collapsed the wormhole is destruction
of Komarr and its space stations. Escobar annexes Sergyar, followed by Cetagandan expansion
due to absence of Barrayar from the Nexus.
--
Sufficient to the weevil is the day thereof.