[LMB] Ekaterin and the litany of abuse

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Thu Jun 1 19:18:40 BST 2017

On Jun 01, 2017, at 09:41 AM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:

On Thu, 01 Jun 2017 02:26:13 -0700, "A. Marina Fournier"
<saffronrose at me.com> wrote:

On May 30, 2017, at 5:08 PM, M. Haller Yamada <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com> wrote:
I think Ekaterin really tried early in her marriage, so I don't begrudge her throwing in the towel at this point. I'm not going to chide and say, "Oh, you really should try X or Y."

You mean like clueless but well-meaning people say all to often to abuse victims?

My mother got way too many before she snapped and left.

Mine didn't. :)

My father once raised his hand to her, in jest (I think).

She picked up a large kitchen knife and said, deadpan, something like:
"If you ever hit me, don't ever sleep again."

marina:
Good for her. There is also the retaliation for the husband coming home drunk and beating his wife, found in folk song.

While he's dead to the world asleep, after coming home on a drunk and beating her, she stitches the covers to the mattress, all around the man, and when he wakes, hungover and more, it's because she has already given him quite a few belts with a cast iron pan, which he sees her holding. She threatens do do it much harder if he ever hits her again. One assumes it worked as well as the knife for your mother.

She raised an interesting man, BTW.

He was very careful during bondage sessions. He always used a
safe word that contained upper and lower case letters and at
least one number.
- 50 Nerds of Grey (@50NerdsofGrey) September 9, 2015

Dear me! Is this a random throw-out or is there a story somewhere? I'd read it for the snark. Never read the "original" or saw its movies, don't intend to. There's better kink porn out there than what I've heard of that series.

Marina