[LMB] Unicorns OT: was Ekaterin and the litany of abuse

Dave McMillan skyefire at skyefire.org
Sun Jun 4 15:44:05 BST 2017

     <snerk!>

     About two years ago, my team was attempting an engineering feat
that really wasn't possible (not entirely our own fault, but I have to
admit we fell for the "it works on paper" trap).  At some point, we
started referring to it as "chasing (the) unicorn(s)."  It became
something of a meme.

     So, when the entire project crashed, burned, and sank, our Project
Manager (who was a rather quirky person) commissioned a fancy
unicorn-decorated sheet cake... with a layer of blood-red raspberry(?)
jelly in the middle.  We then had a ceremonial "killing the unicorn"
party to "celebrate" the end of the hunt, complete with bloody unicorn
cake-flesh.  I've got pictures somewhere....