[LMB] Group Read of Richard III

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 19:14:48 BST 2017

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 12:06 AM, M. Haller Yamada <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I recently got a bag of Shakespeare, and if Richard III is in there, OK.
> I'm in.
>

> But it might be more effective and interesting if we had a film festival.
> Got two or three versions of
> Richard III movies, and then did one every weekend in June. Shakespeare
> really is meant to be watched.
>

> Micki
> --

Seconding! (preferably YouTube versions, i know they exist)
I remember the first time I figured out that hey, this is a stage play, why
are we reading the script instead of watching it?

It would have made high school lit a lot more interesting.  I wonder how
many of shax's contemporaries could actually have read the script?

Sylvia