[LMB] Group Read of Richard III 1.1

pouncer at aol.com pouncer at aol.com
Sat Jun 10 22:47:18 BST 2017

Louann Miller  wrote:

>>Richard's skeleton was found in 2012, and he did have
>>a badly twisted spine.

Margaret Dean agreed:
>Scoliosis, yes; I found that fascinating.

>the [modern, comparably able] young man [said]
>wearing the 15th-century armor--made to his measure,
>of course, as Richard's would have been--supported
>his lower back in a way he found quite comfortable.

I discovered I had minor scoliosis when my cystic
fibrosis was first diagnosed. Had had it most of my
life, unnoticed. The corrective surgery on the
tumor site straightened my back out and left me about
half and inch shorter.  It can be much less a disability
than the medical terminology might suggest.  Badly in
the sense of conspicuously visible may be other than
badly in the sense of disabling.