[LMB] Being Betan

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 11 14:10:58 BST 2017

From: Walter Bushell <proto at panix.com>

> On Jun 5, 2017, at 6:38 AM, Karen Hunt <huntkc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Xav's wife wasn't particularly happy (Shards of Honor, chapter 2):
> Was your grandmother happy on Barrayar?" Cordelia estimated Vorkosigan's
> school days were perhaps thirty years ago.
> "I don't think she ever adjusted completely to our society. And of course,
> Yuri's War . . ."

Walter:
Cordelia never completely adjusted to Barrayaran society.

Gwynne: Yet after she lost Aral she stayed in the Empire. Even after she retired from
Vicereining.
Besides, I think her focus was the other way round - she never really tried to adjust to
Barrayaran society, it was so much easier to make Barrayaran society adjust to her. And,
eventually, it did.