[LMB] Being Betan

Jonathan Spencer jonrspence at aol.com
Mon Jun 12 14:09:16 BST 2017

Cordelia's decision to stay on Sergyar is less about being Betan or Barrayaran than choosing the place where she will have the most freedom to be herself.  First she gets to go back and resume her vocation by studying the planet she started to study so many years ago.  On Barrayar or Beta, her ability to pursue her vocation would be severely limited.  Secondly, she wants to raise a family, her way. Something that would be far more difficult on either Barrayar or Beta. On Sergyar, she can be just far enough out of sight that Vor society will leave her be and as the former Vicereine and the mother of an Imperial Auditor and foster mother of the Emperor, retain enough stature to deal with those ( other than family) not smart enough to leave her be and let her have her way.

Jonathan Spencer
Jonrspence at aol.com

Jonathan Spencer
Jonrspence at aol.com