[LMB] Being Betan

Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Mon Jun 12 22:21:21 BST 2017

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:11:42PM +0100, M R Dolbear fm wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jun 2017, at 21:42, Karen Hunt wrote:

> > A Civil Campaign, chapter 16, Cordelia speaking to the Koudelka
> > parents:These trips can be more one-way than you expect. I haven't seen  my
> > own mother face-to-face more than three times in the last thirty years.

> I remind y'all that Cordelia and Elizabeth could have met face-to-face
> on Escobar or Komarr. say at or after a scientific conference.

Also that there are mundane reasons for not seeing each other much.  It
takes like three weeks to go from Barrayar to Beta.  We're in Age of
Sail territory here, not Age of Plane.

Hmm, wonder if they met more often after ACC, when Cordelia was on
Sergyar, about 'only' a week away from Beta.  That's still two weeks
round trip that someone's spending on a ship.

-xx- Damien X-)