[LMB] Ekaterin - off and running.... almost

pouncer at aol.com pouncer at aol.com
Wed Jun 14 03:53:49 BST 2017

>Ended a marriage, faced Tien, been widowed,
>seen the horribly dead body, facing a mass
>of problems about money, treason, the flat
>burgled, and an auditor twitching on the floor.

Okay, we haven't really gone into this...

Without absolving Tien of ANYTHING,  up to that
day Ekaterin has been backing away, or shrinking,
or running, or avoiding problems.

This is the day she starts facing problems down,
fighting back, taking custody (literally, in
Nikki's case) of her future. She takes
agency.

Miles, at least, notes that Ekaterin married at
twenty to a reasonably well-connected Vorling
of standard military accomplishment.  So,
Tien was 30, plus or minus?

I dare suggest that this long-delayed day of
Ekaterin's launch is at least as much an emerging
self-image of her own maturity as it is of any
shift in perspective regarding her marriage.