[LMB] Five Gods and global seasons

Tony Zbaraschuk tonyz at eskimo.com
Sun Jun 25 05:52:11 BST 2017

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 09:30:47AM -0600, Margaret Dean wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 10:58 PM, Damien Sullivan <phoenix at mindstalk.net>
> wrote:
>
> > An author I know notes that the four seasons are just the typical
> > pattern of temperate continental climate.  Other parts of Earth may have
> > two seasons, or six, or one, or may associate 'winter' months with
> > growth (that's when it rains.)
> >

> That's what makes me wonder how the Five Gods play out in, say, the tropics
> of that world.

Perhaps they're not culturally linked to the seasons there.  I do get the
feeling that their identity as Father/Mother, Son/Daughter, and B*stard
are perhaps closer to the core of them than the seasonal attachments.

Tony Z

--
The goal of argument is not to leave your opposite humiliated and
beaten, but to have revealed the best possible version of their