[LMB] Five Gods and global seasons

Brad Jones brad at kazrak.com
Sun Jun 25 06:23:17 BST 2017

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 9:52 PM Tony Zbaraschuk <tonyz at eskimo.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 09:30:47AM -0600, Margaret Dean wrote:
> > That's what makes me wonder how the Five Gods play out in, say, the
> tropics
> > of that world.
>
> Perhaps they're not culturally linked to the seasons there.  I do get the
> feeling that their identity as Father/Mother, Son/Daughter, and B*stard
> are perhaps closer to the core of them than the seasonal attachments.

They could have a daily cycle instead. Daughter of the dawn, Mother of day,
Son of the evening, Father of night. Not sure where #5 fits in. Son and
Father's colors even match well, although less so for the women.

They could also map to a lunar cycle if one is available. (Is there a moon?
I don't recall.)