[LMB] Group Read of Richard III 1.2

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 22:46:29 BST 2017

watched two versions of this scene: Laurence Olivier & ShaLT project.

I think I really don't like Olivier, he is so much more annoying than the
other.  Not more villainous, just more annoying.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcytoo2SVxQ and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-2L5in5Q68)

I do, however, like the dialogue:
Anne: I hate you, you killed my husband!
Rich: No I didn't.
Anne: Yes you did! So I hate you!
Rich: Well, I only did it because you're so beautiful, so its your fault.
Anne: Drop dead!
Rich: I'd rather sleep with you.
Anne: I wish I knew what you think.
Rich: I love you.
Anne: Liar. I wish I had some idea what you think.
Rich: But I just told you! wear my ring.
Anne: This isn't any kind of promise... (leaves)
Rich: Did anyone ever catch a woman like this?
Rich: 'I'll have her; but I will not keep her long.'

Me: Anne, go with your instincts! get away from him! *cue horror music*

Sylvia