[LMB] Group Read of Richard III 1.2

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 23:06:23 BST 2017

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 1:42 PM, Louann Miller <domelouann at gmail.com> wrote:

> For all that Miles loves the play Richard III and identified with
> Crookback, we've never seen any sign that he is a Ricardian. (One who
> believes that Richard was libeled by Tudor historians and did not do  most
> of the evil things attributed to him, especially having his nephews
> killed.) I guess if your earliest memories include a Wicked Grandfather, a
> Wicked Uncle hardly seems noteworthy.

It's just part of the scenery.
Much like the way the 1632 book set in Russian has an uptimer complaining
that the Tzarina sent her a long letter and never once mentioned the
cholera going around Moscow - then realized that the plague is just like
the leaves falling form the trees, it happens and there's nothing to do but
get on with your life...

And.
Gregor tells Nicki about the increased security he will have. Miles never
thought to mention it... like a fish not noticing the water, indeed.

Sylvia