[LMB] Repetitive reading, was No list traffic today?

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Jun 27 23:22:49 BST 2017

On Jun 27, 2017, at 01:06 PM, Sylvia McIvers <sylviamcivers at gmail.com> wrote:

>>And going for walks with a highly intelligent 5 year old, who reversed the
traditional 'why' conversation by telling me interesting things. Also
reading the same story 3 times, because that is another traditional 5 years
old activity.<<

AMF:
When Arthur was two or three, and had quite a library chosen for him, he often wanted the same book read over and over, too. We had the bright idea of saying, when a book was finished, Different book! He got the idea immediately, and would bring us a different book, which we would happily read to him. I think we said he had to wait an hour before we'd reread a book to him, for the sake of our sanity.

Reading the Magic School Bus was always a challenge because there were all these side bits apart from the narrative.

He did ask interesting questions, sometimes about sex or relationships, and we'd answer only the questions asked until he was ten, when we would answer the unspoken but implied questions, usually after checking to see if he wanted to hear them.

I swear he was interested in politics about the time he was seven.

What sort of interesting facts did your nephew give?

Marina