[LMB] a new Vor?

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Mon Sep 4 06:02:26 BST 2017

On Sep 3, 2017, at 9:01 PM, M. Haller Yamada <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Vorosmarty? I love it! It sounds like a madcap zany, and it sounds like it's begging for a FIC writer who is a combination of Bujold and Wodehouse.

I can't help myself:  there's a line from "The Producers", spoken by a character in a Queens NY borough accent (think Cyndi Lauper), for the internal play.

The explanation below is for those who've never seen or heard of it. Full of snark.

The two lead characters, hoping to make it rich by getting more investors than shares of profit they've promised, for a play sure to flop, thus allowing them to keep the extra money invested instead of paying out any profits on shares to the investors.

They want a plot & presentation so disgusting that people will leave in droves, resulting in a one-night-only Broadway play, which is called called "Springtime for Hitler" (absolutely painting him as an cypher of unremitting idiocy, and making a figure of fun of him, as well)).

The lines from the internal triggered by VorSmarty:

Don't be stupid, be a smarty
Come and join the nazi party.

Mind you, most of the creative team behind this, and the lead actors of the original version, were Jews who were children or young adults during WWII. They had good reason to skewer him.

Both the earlier and the later expanded plays are hilarious, and. The team of Nathan Lane and Broderick Crawford aren't the exact duplicates of Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder, but the flavour is quite similar and enjoyable.

A. Marina Fournier
Saffronrose at me.com