[LMB] This is a test

kbarry kbarry at bitsofhistory.com
Thu Sep 7 01:55:53 BST 2017

On 9/6/2017 12:35 PM, anmar Caver wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 6, 2017, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
>
> At age of ten my best friend and I started teaching ourselves survival
> skills.  It was the height of the cold war shortly before we bankrupted the
> USSR.
Good times, good times.

At that age I was plotting all of the possible targets within several
hundred miles of my home, figuring out the probable blast radius (based
on the Soviet warhead yields) and plotting the prevailing winds. A good
library and pieces picked up from other sources gave me a lot of
information to work with.

Since I lived in New Jersey across the Hudson from Manhattan it was an
intellectual exercise more than anything else. My home was well within
the blast radius for a Soviet 20 megaton airburst. And Newark Airport/
Port Newark were not much farther away. We did have a few Nike Ajax
batteries within 30 miles or so, so all was not totally lost. (He says
with a hopeful tone.)

Your preparations were much more practical than mine.

Regards,
Kevin Barry

Proprietor
http://www.bitsofhistory.com
http://www.vcoins.com/barryanddarling
Co-Owner of the Moneta-L and ACM-L Lists