[LMB] This is a test

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Sat Sep 9 07:01:51 BST 2017

On Sep 06, 2017, at 06:25 AM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

Gwynne: I have no problem keeping my legs perfectly straight and hands flat on the floor. Of
course that only works when I'm sitting on the floor. Getting up again is a pretty unpleasant
experience, so I don't do it often. (Ah but just wait till I get my new knees!)

gee, Gwynne, you have the most amazing adventures.

I can't get down easily or back up--I can fall down, but that's another story. I have to hold on to something to get down to the floor--and some of that may be fear rather than coordination. It tends to look as if it's painful for me to get to the floor. I used to be able to rise by using the Lamaze-taught fashion of putting both hands on one bent knee with the foot on the floor, and pushing upward. These days, I'm usually kneeling--because I'm looking for something on the floor or ground--when I need to rise. I put my hands flat on the floor a bit ahead of me, straighten my arms, keeping my knees bent until I can get my butt far enough in the air to stand up without falling to the side.

Some of it's my weight/gut, but a fair amount is weakness in my quads, from not enough exercising them.

One dancer & owner of dancewear shop said the pain went away immediately after the surgery. There was a lot of PT, and for a couple of the dance parties she couldn't stand for long. The first one of the year was cancelled because it was too close after the surgery for her to function. She is very happy with her new knees.

Marina