[LMB] OT: Medical matters, was This is a test

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Sat Sep 9 07:19:15 BST 2017

On Sep 06, 2017, at 10:32 PM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

Well, I'm just deciding whether to do the driveway or the knee first. I'd planned on
getting a new driveway this year. Also I have this little problem with anaesthetics,
so I'm not looking forward to the op. At the moment I'm doing physio and hydro to
strengthen the muscles. But.... soon.... one day.... new knees!

amf:
what sort of anaesthetics issues do you have?

I discovered with my first pregnancy that I am allergic while, and only while pregnant, to amoxicillin and tetracycline: gloves and socks of itching powder. In later pregnancies, I informed my OB of this. My mother was allergic to the penicillin family of antibiotics, so I guess I've got a bit of her that gets activated only when I'm pregnant. I don't know if she or the sperm donor had a codeine  allergy, but my sister and I do. She's at the hives stage, and I'm still at the vomit stage. Intense chronic coughs are a real nuisance, mostly during my one cold a year. I've got quite enough antihistamines to cut out most of the allergy-source coughs.

Most MDs would not give me ANY antibiotics during my fertile years, because I might be pregnant, in spite of our using "kitty booties". A couple of times, when Kurt had strep throat, which I think I might have had once (it's usually bronchitis for me, which is not contagious), I was given the drugs nonetheless.  I refused to go to the Dr. with him after that.

Thus far, no issues with anaesthesia for me. Wish I could transfer that to you.

Marina