[LMB] Ekaterin on her own

BJ van Look vanlook at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 01:35:38 BST 2017

From: Walter Bushell <proto at panix.com>
She gave the Dru and Kru a significant beach house. I have to assume she was independently wealthy
even then.

I suspect it was a semi-arranged marriage--Padma given a group of ladies to meet and wine and dine (all acceptable to the family)--and he like Alys best. I suspect Alys herself was (in Regency terms) "a diamond of the first water" and very eligible herself. She had to marry eventually, in her culture, and she could have done much worse than Padma (any Vorrutyer of that generation).
A socially "advantageous" marriage like that would be why she was one of the leading lights (if not THE leading light) of the Vor social scene even when Cordelia first showed up.
BJ

Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to vanlook at yahoo.com
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk