[LMB] Ekaterin on her own

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 07:03:42 BST 2017

It's corny, I know, but I always did love that trope in a romance: when the hero or heroine denied
their own love so vehemently that somewhere in the middle, there's a paragraph that says, s/he never
realized s/he was in love/falling in love, but now s/he is stuck in deep.

Sigh and swoon!

I particularly love it in ACC because she's got such great reasons for suppressing her own thoughts
and for questioning herself and her feelings. It's all set up in Komarr.  That shower scene is just
fabulous with the hot and cold water, and I particularly love that it ends unresolved. She just shuts
off the water, still wondering what the heck to do.

Sounds a lot like my lovelife at a certain point in my life.

Micki