[LMB] OT: Great Heartedness -- Authors you love who have fallen out of fashion

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 14 04:26:23 BST 2017

________________________________
From: James M. BRYANT

John Buchan - he's remembered for the Richard Hannay books

"39 Steps" et al, and they're good. But the Edward Leithen

ones (if you've never read any read "John MacNab" first)

are better and the Dickson McCunn Trilogy ("Huntingtower",

"Castle Gay" & "The House of the Four Winds") are the most

worth rereading. His style and attitudes are of his era

and culture (Britain in the first third of the 20th Century)

but he wears very well. AND he ended his life as the Governor

General of Canada.

--
Micki: I really like that period. And *39 Steps* I've heard of but can't place. I was right! It was
a Hitchcock. And the 1915 publishing date means I might be able to find it on some archives (-;.